Having a book published is a process that involves the following before we will consider offering a contract to an author:
1. Mail us a query letter summarizing the content of your book. The letter should also provide your author bio, including educational background, experience in writing, why you are qualified to write the manuscript you wish to submit, and any other information that establishes a connection between you and the subject of the manuscript.
In addition to this, please include the following:
- A description of the audience for the book
- The online platform you have established so far (i.e., number of Facebook and twitter followers, etc.)
- Competitive titles and what those books do better
- Benefits to the reader (why your book is important)
- What you plan to do to promote the title
- Other published materials
Expect an answer back from us within 30 days acknowledging receipt of your query letter.
2. If our editors are interested in your project, you will be contacted and asked to send a copy of one or two sample chapters of the book, as well as a chapter-by-chapter outline and links to your social media platforms.
3. If the editors are still interested in your project, you will be contacted again and asked to mail a copy of the entire manuscript. The manuscript will then be read and evaluated by a one of our qualified book/writing coaches who will report back to our editors. You will then be informed of our decision on whether we want to publish the book. If we (author and publisher) agree to move forward, a contract will be sent to you for your signature before the editing of the book begins.
Allow 60 to 90 days from the day you mail the manuscript until you receive a final answer from our editorial staff.
3. Cypress Cove Publishing does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, nor will we be responsible for returning any.
4. Please submit your original proposals in the form of query letters by mail, not by phone or e-mail.
5. If asked to submit your manuscript in whole or in part, please send us copies, never the original. We will not return your manuscript.
6. Make sure your manuscript is formatted correctly. Manuscripts should be input using Microsoft Word, double-spaced, and printed out on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, with adequate margins (1 inch on all sides) and all pages numbered.
Make sure your name and complete contact information are on the title page and on your query letter. (Name, shipping address, mailing address, phone(s), fax, e-mail.)
7. When sending query letters, outlines of books, sample chapters, etc., address them to:
Cypress Cove Publishing
PO Box 91195
Lafayette, LA 70509-1195
Please note: Cypress Cove Publishing does not provide advances to its authors.